I often come to realise that in summer people are suddenly becoming less productive – we chill out in the sun, read some books and that’s about it. And whilst that’s also a good way to spend your time, don’t get me wrong, summer has so much more to offer so here are a couple of ideas how to spice up the last month of this summer!
- Up your Instagram game : I cannot even begin to tell you how many amazing photo opportunities there are in the summer. Just imagine – pics by the poolside, sunsets/sinrises, selfies with them beachy waves on fleeeek! Haha, I guess what I’m trying to say is, we normally have a lot of spare time in the summer so why not spend an extra few minutes getting that perfect angle? ( shameless plug – my insta is @so.sofiya )
- Get cookin’ : whilst there’s nothing wrong with eating fruit for breakfast, lunch AND dinner all day every day in summer, sometimes it’s fun to try new techniques or fancy recipes. When else are you going to have time? Besides, all the smoothie bowls you’ve been dying to try will taste much nicer in the summer, I promise 😉
- Explore : summer is about the only time I actually want to leave the house, so take this opportunity to explore wherever you live. Moreover, there’s normally a lot more on in the summer meaning that you actually won’t waste your time and will enjoy whatever life throws at you.
- Get ready : this one really only applies to you if you are still in education, but nonetheless is very fun. I’m sure buying new stationery every year is very exciting ( I still do it to this day, lol ) but if you take some additional extra time to may be do some extra reading or look up the actual recommended reading list for your subject(s), it will make it a hell of a lot easier to tackle to curriculum when it comes at you in autumn.
- Sort your life out : going through my wardrobe when changing seasons is probably one of my most favorite things to do. Take a day out and go through all of your autumn/winter clothes, try to pair outfits and see if you lack anything. I normally find quite a few bits that I end up donating or giving away to friends. Not only will it make you feel great, it will also be an excuse to do some more shopping 😉
I guess what I’m trying to say is – go out, have fun and enjoy whatever is left of summer! If you do take any cool insta shots or sort out your wardrobes, leave me your insta names in the comments or tweet me @melonlover007.